Friday, February 27, 2009

Winged lion: Protector of Misfit Toys

Winged Lion: The Protector of Misfit Toys. It is done. Whew! And only 2 months after her Birthday. Well, I need to get some prints of it made and framed and it will be off to the recipient. Barbara... the writer that creates all on Barb's talkin' Now. I have it flagged so you can go see it. She is pretty cool. For her 39th... yes really her REAL 39th Birthday, everybody and their mother snuck into 'Jersey for a surprise party. I couldn't make it... and I still feel empty about missing that weekend. But she is quite the protector, not only for her own herd, but for the kids in the neighborhood. She is the Mom with Rules. I am proud of her, always have been. Kudos Barb... The Protector. (for your information and trivia satisfaction: the misfit toys are things I came up with that I thought would make good misfit toys. An aviator pig (when pigs fly); a reverse colored Panda Bear; a Three-Eyed Teddy Bear; and Rubik's Chattering Teeth (my tip of the hat to two amazing gentlemen who race solving those blasted puzzles.)

5 comments:

Breadwig said...

This is brilliant. Reminds me some of A. Durer. If you knew how much I love Durer's work, you'd know I don't say that lightly. Congratulations man, this is beautiful.

Cristen said...

Oh Doug! This is amazing. Your sister will love it and she is very lucky to have a brother like you! What a great way to potray her!

dugbuddy said...

Mr. B. and Cristen, you are both too kind. Thank you very much. It was a good learning experience and a labor of love.

Contessa said...

I've stayed away so I wouldn't "peek". It is truly an astounding piece of work. I am flattered, honestly. Thank you so much for all the care, time and thought. Now I just have to decide whether it goes in my office or in my hallway...home I think. It's where the heart is.

Love you DB

dugbuddy said...

The actual piece of work is 18"x24". I am sending it unframed 1. because it is on masonite and that is pretty tough stuff. 2. I don't know what you folks like frame wise, 3. glass breaks when shipped. I am putting it in the UPS guys hands this weekend. Happy belated Birthday 3 months late.