Saturday, September 15, 2012

I heard he had a hook on his foot.

As fall starts to arrive, and campfires become more common place, I am reminded by the movie Meatballs, where (a very young) Bill Murrey tells a haunting tale about a man with a hook on his hand prowling the woods... a rather naive listener "Spaz" responds to the telling with... " I heard that story before, but I heard that they guy had a hook on his foot."  His friend then responds, "How could the guy have a hook on his foot?!?"  In my head since that first viewing has been this poor fellow, with a hook on his foot.

Look at you go, Lil' buddy!

2 comments:

Wanders said...

I saw that movie as a kid and still remember that quote. It comes to mind anyone ever says (or posts) authoritatively, “I heard...” as if it were now an attributable fact. Love the image.

Unknown said...

A rare heard line that my dad & I have been repeating for decades....thanks for the drawing!!
I also can’t watch soccer without “that's life in the fast-paced slam-bang, live-on-the-razor's-edge, laugh-in-the-face-of-death world of junior league soccer.” Love that movie.