Sunday, February 07, 2010

red door drawing for Feb 5 2010



This is the first session that I have been able to attend in... Three Weeks??? Hokey Smokes! Ok, some work stuff and then the creeping crud set me back a spell. The model was grand and we had a couple of new faces which is always good. Lacey Lewis always has a good place to pull up your drawing board for a spell. The Title of this post will take you to the Red Door Sketch group page for info if you want to stop by and attend. Thanks Lacey for all your work for running this opportunity.

6 comments:

Lacey said...

We miss you so much when you are not at the drawing sessions! I love the stuff you come up with... always some great character in your drawings and great form.

Thank you for coming and drawing with us!

dugbuddy said...

lacey, thank you so very much for the kind words. Sorry I couldn't be there the last couple of weeks. It has become part of my routine and i just get really cranky if I don't get my drawing session in.

You, Jamie and the gang do a lot for my well being. Thanks so much for keeping it going.
db

Breadwig said...

Man, that last drawing in particular. so good. Great structure on the nose.

dugbuddy said...

Bryan, that model was such a hoot to draw. Such character... It was a real treat to sit with him. What a mustache!!!!

Lacey said...

Hey Doug! Are you using colored pencil in these? Any colored pencil in particular? I was picking up some supplies the other day, saw a pad of kraft paper, and decided "I want to be like Doug!" But I feel like the colored pencils I got don't show up as fabulously as yours.

dugbuddy said...

lacey, thanks so much. It may be the pencils... I am using prismacolor... the normal ones, not the verithins. But the paper isn't Kraft on the images here, it is a Utrecht natural stock sketchbook. it is a little lighter in tone, but much smother in tooth. Very smooth, and not too expensive. They even have an 11x14 size. But no single large sheets.